Friday, March 5, 2021

Richmond Radio: Melissa & Jack OUT At WURV


Mornings on WURV 103.7 Play FM will no longer start with Melissa and Jack, according to a Facebook post from one of the radio hosts.

According to WRIC ABC 3 News, today was the duo’s last show at the station. Jack Lauterback wrote on Facebook that there was “no drama or anything” but they were let go because ratings were too low.

"Well no more waking up at 4am for me. After almost 10 years on the radio, today was my last day on 103.7.

"There was no drama or anything. Ratings are ratings and when you don’t perform, you go bye bye. I’m OK with that. Melissa and I actually had a really good show this morning so I feel like I went out on a high note. Thanks to everyone; especially Mel, Joe and Bob for the opportunity. It was a blast! I’ll look back fondly on this time.

"That being said, I’m now looking for a new job and I’m 99 percent sure it won’t be in radio. So if any of my friends know of anything or are hiring, I have a resume ready, college degree, references, etc. I’ll be reaching out to a lot of you as well.

"Also if any of my bar people know of any shifts to hold me over, that would be super appreciated. I’m pretty sure I still know what I’m doing back there.

"For now I’m sitting in the park staring at the water and talking to the geese for a few minutes. That’s what they do in the movies after they get fired.

"PS. Don’t worry about ol’ Jackie Boy. I’ll be OK"

Melissa Chase didn’t say a lot about the situation online, but did post a photo of her and Lauterback on Instagram.

“Thank you, RVA. We love you,” she said in the caption.

According to 103.7’s website, Style Weekly named Play Mornings with Melissa and Jack the “Best Morning Show in the City” seven years in a row.

Before joining the station, Lauterback was a bartender and while he doesn’t think he’ll return to radio, Lauterback said he might get behind a bar again to hold him over until his next job.

No comments:

Post a Comment