Four Jersey Shore radio personalities from three different stations in central and southern New Jersey have been fired, a company official for Townsquare Media, which owns the stations, confirmed to NJ Advance Media.
Jersey Terminations Monday:
- Liz Jeressi, of WJLK-FM 94.3 The Point
- Justin Louis, of WOBM-FM 92.7
- Andy Chase and Chris Varacchi, both of WCHR-FM 105.7 The Hawk
“We made a decision that we need to make a few changes to make 94.3 The Point, 105.7 The Hawk and WOBM the best stations they could be, providing the best possible local entertainment and information to our New Jersey audience, on air and online,” Erik Hellum, Townsquare’s COO for local media, wrote in an email.
“That said, we appreciate the work they have done and wish them nothing but the best,” he continued. “But despite the fact that the pandemic has presented significant economic challenges, we are not eliminating positions, as we plan to hire, as I note below.”
Hellum said the company will be hiring locally, including a new co-host to work with Lou Russo on 94.3 The Point, a promotion director for Jersey Shore stations who will also do afternoons on 105.7 The Hawk, and an assistant director of content that will work with each local station.
Chris Rollins, a local personality on WPST, was recently signed to a new three-year contract, Hellum said.
In Portland ME:
- Kwame Dankwa departs as Brand Manager and afternoon host at CHR “Q97.9” WJBQ
- Tommy Carbone exits as Production Director and midday host at Classic Rock 102.9 WBLM after three decades.