The 2015 NextRadio numbers reveal tremendous growth in downloads, listening, viewing and interactions for the NextRadio app. Key findings show that listeners are “looking” at NextRadio more frequently in 2015 vs 2014 – a sign that behavior is changing and FM is moving from audio only to an audio + visual experience for the listener.
Between the growing usage among those capable of experiencing NextRadio and the increasing demand from those who wish they could experience NextRadio, it is abundantly clear that consumers want, use and enjoy free FM radio on their smartphones. With the projected 70M+ capable devices projected to join the market this year, NextRadio is poised for even more explosive growth
Here’s a look at some of NextRadio’s usage and behavior statistics in 2015 vs. 2014:
- OVERALL LISTENING more than quadrupled, increasing by 334%
- AVERAGE SESSION LENGTH in app increased by 25%
- The average app session length is now 57 minutes
- Compared to the average entertainment app session of 13 minutes 20 seconds*
- The NextRadio ATSL went from 21 minutes to 26 minutes
- Compared to 13 minutes ATSL in traditional radio*
- VIEWS of the Now Playing Screen increased by 1153% Screen visuals align with the live radio program at an individual radio station and show song playing on-air, DJ/program information, upcoming album releases, upcoming concerts with the ability to purchase event tickets and more.
- INTERACTIONS with Station content increased by 1161% The views and interactions data are clear indicators that behavior is changing and consumers are experiencing FM radio in a whole new way.
The NextRadio app lets you experience FM radio on your smartphone in a brand new way. Get a real-time view of what’s playing on-air and interact live with your favorite local radio stations while using 3x less battery and 20x less data compared to streaming radio apps. Real FM radio is now in your smartphone so you can listen wherever you go.