During the week that marked Brian Williams’ tenth anniversary as anchor and managing editor, the NBC broadcast posted its biggest wins over ABC in months -- delivering the best demo viewer lead since March and widest total viewer advantage since August. Nightly was #1 in all total viewer, A25-54, and A18-49 demos each night of the week.
- Nightly widened its total viewer lead over ABC for the second straight week and by +40% week-to-week.
- Nightly posted the biggest evening news gains versus 4Q’14/STD levels in total viewers (+7%, or +658,000), A18-49 viewers (+11%, or +174,000), and A25-54 viewers (+10%, or +216,000)
- Versus the same week last season, Nightly was up +1% (+77,000) in total viewers.
- Nightly is currently delivering +2% total viewer growth this season-to-date and is having its best start to a season (9.052 million) in 9 years.
- Nightly averaged 9.649 million total viewers, +9% (+809,000) ahead of ABC World News Tonight and +29% (+2.169 million) more than CBS Evening News.
Nightly has been #1 in total viewers for 273 consecutive weeks and 320 of the last 321 weeks.
- Nightly averaged 2.313 million A25-54 viewers, leading ABC by +8% (+173,000) and CBS by +23% (436,000).
Nightly averaged a 1.9 A25-54 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +3 tenths.
- Nightly averaged 1.700 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +19% (+272,000) and CBS by +31% (+402,000).
- Nightly delivered a 1.3 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +2 tenths and CBS by +3 tenths.