Considered one of the most successful radio hosts in the history of Spanish-language radio, Piolin previously hosted a successful morning program, "Piolin por la Manana," on select Entravision radio stations between 2006 and January 2012.
"Piolin's return to network radio is nothing short of monumental and we're eager to bring his incredibly popular program to our twelve Tricolor stations, La Nueva in the Rio Grande Valley and Super Estrella in Los Angeles," said Jeffery Liberman, Chief Operating Officer of Entravision.
"Building on the success of our wildly popular afternoon program, 'El Show de Erazno y La Chokolata', Piolin is a perfect complement to our current programming lineup. Further, the addition of Piolin will significantly strengthen Entravision Solutions as the premier advertising sales organization for syndicated Spanish-language content nationally. When combined with our fast-growing digital assets and big data resources, we are ideally positioned to maximize the incredible star power that Piolin brings to our multimedia organization."
By adding "El Show de Piolin" to the company's current network syndicated sales lineup of "El Show de Erazno y La Chokolata", "Alex 'El Genio' Lucas", "El Pajarete con Armida y La Flaka", "La Super 20 de State Farm", "De Farra con Lupillo Rivera" and "Super Gol", Entravision Solutions will continue to represent the best in Spanish-language national content.
"I am so excited to be launching 'El Show De Piolin' through my syndication company, Alliance Radio Network. I am also thrilled to be working with Entravision again, not only as the major affiliate group, but also as the sales organization representing all network sales for the program," said Piolin. "The move to air the program on Entravision stations in fourteen markets is the natural next step for me and I can't wait to bring the show to their incredible and dynamic audience. I can't wait to get back in front of my wonderful fans!"
Airing from 6:00 to 10:00 a.m. PST on weekday mornings, "El Show de Piolin" will broadcast in the following Entravision radio markets:
- Arizona – KLNZ La Tricolor 103.5 FM in Phoenix
- California – KMXX La Tricolor 99.3 FM in El Centro-Yuma, KSSC Superestrella 107.1 FM / KSSD Superestrella 107.1 FM / KSSE Superestrella 107.1 FM in Los Angeles-Ventura, KLOK La Tricolor 99.5 FM in Monterey, KPST La Tricolor 103.5 FM in Palm Springs, KRCX La Tricolor 99.9 FM in Sacramento and KMIX La Tricolor 100.9 FM in Stockton
- Colorado – KPVW La Tricolor 107.1 FM in Aspen and KXPK La Tricolor 96.5 FM in Denver
- Nevada – KQRT La Tricolor 105.1 FM in Las Vegas and KRNV La Tricolor 102.1 FM in Reno
- Texas – KYSE La Tricolor 94.7 FM in El Paso, KAIQ La Tricolor 95.5 FM in Lubbock and KKPS La Nueva 99.5 FM in McAllen- Brownsville-Harlingen.
Sotelo previously hosted a popular morning show, “Piolín por la Mañana” (Tweetie Bird in the Morning), which aired in over 50 big Hispanic markets across the U.S. on Univision stations and via syndication. It won an audience of around 3.5 million listeners with Sotelo’s mix of zany humor, satirical sketches and Mexican regional music.
Univision unexpectedly canceled the show in July 2013, amid allegations of sexual harassment brought against Sotelo by some of his colleagues at KCSA-FM in Los Angeles. Sotelo responded with a lawsuit accusing six Univision employees of attempting to extort him, but the suit was dismissed in March 2014.