music charts and has declared Republic as the #1 overall music label in Mediabase chart share.
The results are base based on the time period of November 17, 2013 through November 15, 2014. Republic scored a 15.3% chart share, which allowed the New York-based company to move up from their 12.2% third place finish in 2013.
Among the label’s accomplishments for 2014 are:
- #1 at Rhythmic, and #2 at an unprecedented seven formats: Top 40, Urban, AC, Hot AC, Active Rock, Alternative, and Triple A.
- A diverse roster of acts helped Republic achieve their accomplishment this year.
- Lorde ranked among the most played artists of 2014 at Triple A (#1), Top 40 and Hot AC (#3), Alternative (#6), and was top 10 at AC.
- Drake was the #2 artist at Urban and #3 at Rhythmic.
- American Authors had the #1 song of the year at Hot AC with “Best Day Of My Life,” and ranked as the #4 artist.
- Volbeat was #3 most played artist at Active Rock and top 10 at Rock.
- Republic also finished 2014 with a flurry of hits.
- Taylor Swift garnered a #1 hit at Top 40 and Hot AC for multiple weeks with “Shake It Off.”
- Jessie J teamed up with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj for the #1 smash “Bang Bang” at Top 40, while newcomer Tove Lo was #1 for one week in November with “Habits (Stay High)” – a song which also charted at a number of other formats.
- Ariana Grande had multiple hits at Top 40 including “Problem,” featuring Iggy Azalea, “Break Free,” featuring Zedd, and ended the year climbing multiple charts with “Love Me Harder,” featuring The Weeknd.
- Newcomer Milky Chance spent the last 10 weeks of the chart year at #1 in Alternative with “Stolen Dance,” a song that also topped the Triple A chart. “Stolen Dance” is also currently climbing the Hot AC and Top 40 charts.