The appointment is effective on Monday, March 3. WCBS-FM aired it first Scott Shannon jingle as part of a sweeper at 9:20am Tuesday.
“Scott Shannon in the Morning” will also feature Mr. G providing weather reports, and Joe Nolan with all the latest traffic/transit information.
“Not often does a legendary morning drive personality become available with the experience of waking up New Yorkers for more than 25 years,” said Don Bouloukos, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS Radio New York.
“CBS-FM is a heritage station, and the perfect place for Hall Of Famer Scott Shannon. We are thrilled to welcome Scott and his award-winning personality to CBS-FM and the CBS Radio family.”
The station’s local weekday line-up:
- Scott Shannon In the Morning (6:00AM-10:00AM)
- Dan Taylor in middays (10:00AM-3:00PM)
- Broadway Bill Lee from 3:00-7:00PM,
- Brooklyn’s Own Joe Causi from 7:00PM-12:00AM
- Dave Stewart from 12:00-6:00AM.
Shannon’s Hall of Fame radio career has spanned in excess of four decades with more than 25 of those spent doing mornings in New York. He is credited with developing the Morning Zoo format which he brought to WHTZ in the early 80’s, and helped make the station No. 1. His next stop in New York was WPLJ where he co-hosted the Scott and Todd in the Morning program. Shannon spent 22 years at the station, helping reshape adult morning radio, and enjoying ratings success throughout the years.
ALSO SEE: Radio Goliath Scott Shannon's Amazing Career (Audio)..Click Here.
Shannon has received accolades from many respected broadcast industry institutions including:
- National Association of Broadcasters (Washington, D.C.)
- Broadcasting Hall of Fame, 2003
- Marconi Radio Award – Syndicated Personality of the Year, 2010
- National Radio Hall of Fame (Chicago)
- Inducted 2006
- New York State Broadcasters Hall of Fame, Inducted 2012
- Tennessee Radio Hall of Fame (Nashville), Inducted 2012
- Billboard magazine: Air Personality of the Year (various years)