Saturday, March 28, 2020

ESPN’s Doris Burke Recovering After Coronavirus

Doris Burke
One of America’s most popular sportscasters is doing better after testing positive for coronavirus, The NY Post reports.

ESPN’s Doris Burke said on Adrian Wojnarowski’s podcast, “The Woj Pod,” that she contracted the pandemic virus and experienced symptoms more than two weeks ago.

“I did test positive for COVID-19 and basically my first symptoms looking back on it was March 11 which was the day I was broadcasting Denver at Dallas, which was obviously the moment when Rudy Gobert tested positive, which set off the ensuing series of events,” Burke said of the Utah Jazz center, who since has been cleared of the virus, the team announced earlier Friday. “I’m doing quite well now, to be perfectly honest with you. But I’ve had an interesting couple of weeks.”

The 54-year-old Burke added that she was having lunch with broadcast partner Ryan Ruocco and their crew on March 11 when she remarked how tired she was and that her head was “pounding.”

“Looking back, those were my symptoms. We’ve heard so much about shortness of breath, fever, tightness in your chest, chills, body aches, etc. For me, looking my symptom was extraordinary fatigue,” said Burke, who called the Nuggets-Mavericks game that night. “By the time Saturday the 14th hit, I was so tired, that I tried to get out of bed from Saturday the 14th through Tuesday the 17th, St Patrick’s Day.

“I kid you not, I could not be out of bed for five minutes without needing to go back to bed and lay down. It was that Tuesday, St. Patrick’s Day, I was thinking, boy, I don’t have any of the normal symptoms, but it seems to me I probably should get tested.”

Burke said she took the test later that week, and it took several days before she received her test results from the Department of Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment