Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Chris Cuomo Rethinks CNN Gig

The longtime CNN host Chris Cuomo 49, had a mini-existential crisis on his SiriusXM show Monday, lashing out at his lucrative primetime TV gig and blasting President Trump as being “full of sh-t.”

“I don’t want to spend my time doing things that I don’t think are valuable enough to me personally,” Cuomo said. “I don’t value indulging irrationality, hyper-partisanship.”

The 49-year-old Cuomo said his battle with COVID-19 has made him rethink his values and question his position as a public figure.

“I don’t like what I do professionally,” he said. “I don’t think it’s worth my time.”

Cuomo then launched into a tale about a “loser biker” who confronted him on Easter Sunday for being outside his Southampton home with his family despite his coronavirus diagnosis.

“I don’t want some jackass, loser, fat tire biker being able to pull over and get in my space and talk bullsh– to me, I don’t want to hear it,” he said.

Cuomo said he wishes he could have acted like a regular Joe and told the biker to “go to hell.”

“That matters to me more than making millions of dollars a year… because I’ve saved my money and I don’t need it anymore,” he said.

“I want to be able to tell you to go to hell, to shut your mouth… I don’t get that doing what I do for a living.

“Me being able to tell you to shut your mouth or I will do you the way you guys do each other.”

Speaking about his job as the host of CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time,” the anchor said he doesn’t want to spend his time “trafficking in things that I think are ridiculous.”

Like “talking to Democrats about things that I don’t really believe they mean” and “talking to Republicans about them parroting things they feel they have to say.”

He also wants to stop analyzing the president, “Who we all know is full of sh-t by design.”

No comments:

Post a Comment