Hall has revealed that she and the late singer shared a close relationship.
On Thursday, a report by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Ramsey, Minn., revealed that the pop icon’s death was caused by an accidental overdose of the opioid fentanyl.
A source told us, “Tamron and NBC News execs discussed it and decided together it was best for her to not fill in [Thursday or Friday]. She’s been open about her friendship with Prince, so for her, this is more than a news story. She’ll fill in again soon.”