Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pat St. John Targets A July 5 Return To SiriusXM


SiriusXM radio personality Pat St. John continue to mend and is targeting a July 5 return to his 60s On 6 Show on SiriusXM.

He posted the good news in a Facebook update.

St. John recounted that on the evening of April 6th be took a freak backward fall off a tall porch
and suffered a burst L1 fracture. (Click Here for posting)

"Recovery has been a long, slow, painful process, complete with a body brace I’m supposed to wear when not in bed. When I’m in bed, “put the brace back on!” I was told at one of the hospitals to stay away from “BLTs” (no bending, lifting or twisting”). Keep that in mind when you need to call for help when you’ve just dropped the remote again, it’s pretty frustrating, which brings me to my wife and best friend Jan."

Here's his post:


Hello Dear Friends, 
I want to give you an update on the progress of my broken back. What you see here is not an actual photograph of Pat’s spine but it does depict what a “burst L1 fracture” looks like, and somewhere in there as well is a “T12” compact fracture, described by one of the ambulance guys as “oh that’s nothing”. OK 
On the evening of April 6th I took a freak backward fall off a tall porch (which now has safety rails installed where they should have been originally, this is not the time to give me a lecture on safety procedures so let’s not go there). 
Recovery has been a long, slow, painful process, complete with a body brace I’m supposed to wear when not in bed. When I’m in bed, “put the brace back on!” I was told at one of the hospitals to stay away from “BLTs” (no bending, lifting or twisting”). Keep that in mind when you need to call for help when you’ve just dropped the remote again, it’s pretty frustrating, which brings me to my wife and best friend Jan. As always Jan is my angel and is taking such good care of me, which ain’t easy ‘cause I can’t do nothin’! (Well I can walk which is a huge blessing. It’s the getting up and getting down that’s so excruciating). I’m trying to keep it positive here so let me just say “I’m sure glad I don’t have a cold”. 
I’m finally able to make it out to my studio to do the kind of rehab which I’ll need in order to do my radio show live again every day (without yelling out expletives every time my leg muscles go into spasms, which of course “sounds” like fun, but runs just short of that). 
Anyway, let’s get to the good stuff... I’m missing you guys so very much & can’t wait to get back on the air! I’ve read every one of your e-mails and have tried to answer each one but have found that to be impossible, yet I’m still working on that so “when you least expect it…” 
All of my doctors, nurses, and rehab people have all told me ‘typically recovery time is usually 12 weeks, and while this is not a “typical” break by any means, I’m proceeding as if it is so, my goal is to return to the show on Tuesday, July 5th, & get back to music (the best therapy of all), the memories, and the laughs. The good word is that I’m healing, a little better every day, on my way back to a full recovery.  
I love you guys! 
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat, I was friends w/ you on Sirius XM ch 5 until '08 when you got transferred to another station prob ch 6. Miss you. Sorry to hear about your fall but glad you're healing well. Janet Sauerwein, Hamikton, Ohio.

    ReplyDelete