Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Philly Radio: Contract Dispute Keeps Glen Macnow Off Air

Glen Macnow
WIP 94.1 FM host Glen Macnow left his afternoon co-hosting stint Monday, citing a contract dispute for his early departure. Macnow's contract is up at the end of the year, and he's currently in negotiations.

"As I said on the air, my contract with WIP is finishing up. WIP management and I have agreed that I should take some time off the air until my contract situation at the station is resolved," Macnow told the Philly Daily News via email.

"I just finished my 20th year at the station. Just let me say that I've cherished the opportunity to work with three great partners in Jody McDonald, Ray Didinger and Anthony Gargano. I love the people at WIP and I particularly love the Philadelphia fans I get to talk with every day. I hope to continue talking with them."

When Macnow was asked why he left the CBS Radio station before the show was over (at 4:40 p.m. to be exact), Macnow said he wanted to allow Gargano time to segue into the "Howie Roseman Show."

"I actually wanted to do it as unobtrusively as possible, just to let people know what was going on," Macnow said yesterday. "And I certainly didn't want to not work today after that great Eagles game yesterday. I live for shows like today."

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment