Cumulus Media has announced that Detroit station News/Talk WJR 760 AM was honored as Radio Station of the Year at the Michigan Association of Broadcasters (MAB) Broadcast Excellence Awards this month.
This marks the third time in four years that WJR has been recognized as the Michigan Association of Broadcasters’ Station of the Year. In addition, WJR was selected for 10 “Best” awards, and 7 “Merit” awards. Nearly every aspect of WJR operations was singled out for recognition, including: Talent, News, Marketing, Production, Public Service, New Media, Feature Programming, and Lions Play-by-Play and Pregame Show.
Steve Finateri, Vice President/Market Manager, Cumulus Detroit, said: “We here at Cumulus Detroit couldn’t be prouder of our WJR team. The level of creativity and professionalism at all levels rivals that of any station in the country.”
Mike Wheeler, Operations Manager, Cumulus Detroit, said: “Thank you to the Michigan Association of Broadcasters who have, yet again, recognized and validated this talented group of people who continue to make history on this iconic radio station.”
WJR Best Awards:
- MAB Radio Station of the Year
- Breaking News Story - $15 Protest
- Investigative News Story – Unsolved Murders Revisited
- Feature/Use of Medium – The Resurrection of St. Joseph (WJR News)
- Commercial – Labatt Blue Fall Best Season Ever
- Community Involvement – WJR Community Involvement
- Use of New Media – WJR Use of New Media
- Morning Show Broadcast – The Frank Beckmann Show
- Weekday Broadcast, Personality or Team – The Mitch Albom Show
- Play-By-Play Sports – Detroit Lions Play-By-Play
- Regularly Scheduled Weekend Broadcast, Personality or Team – Food For Thought
For a complete list of winners, Click Here.