SiriusXM and Ford Motor Company have announced customers purchasing any Ford brand vehicle equipped with navigation will get a five-year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link, starting with model year 2015.
"Ford was the first automaker to market SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link in 2009," said Rodney Pickett, Senior Vice President, Automotive Partnerships, SiriusXM. "SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link offer a wealth of information that drivers will find helpful and use daily, and we are thrilled to work with Ford to give its customers the best in-vehicle experience available on the road."
"Giving our customers SiriusXM's unparalleled diversity of information and entertainment services enhances the experience of driving a new Ford vehicle equipped with navigation," said Chantel Lenard, U.S. Marketing Director, Ford Motor Company.
Ford drivers and passengers using SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link will have access via satellite from SiriusXM to a suite of services with features that include:
- Traffic speed: Color-coded roads on the vehicle's navigation screen show traffic speed in major metro areas
- Accidents, construction and road closures: Receive traffic alerts, including information about accidents, disabled vehicles, construction and road closures
- Alternate route guidance and mapping: In-vehicle navigation system and detailed traffic data allow drivers to choose alternate routes and receive updated directions to avoid congested roads
- Fuel prices: Get detailed information on fuel prices and the ability to sort by lowest price, fuel type, distance or brand name
- National weather information: Receive coast-to-coast weather data including current conditions, five-day forecasts and weather maps
- Sports scores: In-game and final scores, as well as weekly game schedules, for world-class professional sports and college programs
- Movie listings: Access detailed local movie theater listings, including start times and ratings