Talk Radio WCBM 680 AM has announced major programming changes to its daily line-up. The station is moving in a different direction and is making significant changes to the morning show.
Long-time newsman and co-host Frank Luber is exiting the show. Frank and Nicholas Mangione were instrumental in establishing WCBM Radio as a major news-talk presence in Baltimore.
Starting Monday, November 4th, the following weekday programming changes take effect:
- The Fox News Rundown, featuring top newsmakers and Fox reporters and guests plus a daily commentary and significant issues of the day, will air from 5-6am.
- The Morning Drive with Casey & Elliott premieres at 6am and continues through 9am. Current mid-day air personality Bruce Elliott will join Sean Casey as the co-host for real news and informed opinion. Chuck Whitaker and the Weather Channel offer Traffic & Weather on the 3’s. The show will also feature daily commentaries from nationally-syndicated radio hosts, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity as well as local and national newsmakers.
- Elliott comes to the show after hosting his own successful three hour daily talk show when he took over for Tom Marr after his death. Elliott’s resume includes years of broadcast experience in radio and television. Casey continues to serve as the Program Director for both WCBM and sister station Music radio Q1370 (WQLL) as well as hosting the morning show for the past 27 years.
- Derek Hunter returns to Baltimore after a two year hiatus to host the mid-day slot (nine to noon). The veteran talker is a rising new star in the industry and has worked at the Heritage Foundation, Americans for Tax Reform and as managing editor at The Daily Caller.
- Bill O’Reilly joins the most powerful names in talk with his daily O’Reilly Update weekday mornings from 11:45 to 12:00PM. Bill is still looking out for listeners with his unique brand of real news and no spin.