Saturday, June 13, 2015

Boston Radio: McPhee Says She'll Beat Assault Rap

McPhee at arraingment 
Talk WMEX 1510 AM drive-time host Michele McPhee kicked off her radio show Friday vowing she’ll be vindicated a day after being charged with assaulting a state trooper and driving while drunk on I-93.

“With everything my team and I know, we are confident that once the facts are out there, there will be absolutely no question about who I am,” McPhee said, according to the Boston Herald.

“I know a lot of you have a lot of questions and I wish I could answer them all for you but under the advice of my legal counsel I can’t discuss the situation until all the facts are out,” she added on air on 1510 AM. “Everyone who knows me knows I respect the law and the process.”

The 45-year-old McPhee is accused of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, resisting arrest and assault and battery on a police officer.

McPhee, who was driving a Mercedes SUV on Interstate 93 
northbound in South Boston about 1 a.m. Thursday, was pulled over after a trooper reported he noticed her vehicle was swerving.

McPhee, who needed 20 stitches to close a wound to her head after police say she resisted arrest and kicked a trooper, is due back in court Aug. 4 for a pretrial hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment