Entercom has announced the appointment of Bill Smee to the newly created role of VP/News.
Entercom CEO David Field made the announcement in an employees memo.
He also told them of 10 other promotion. They are:
- Jeff Sottolano, SVP of Radio and Radio.com Proogramming, takes the title of EVP/Programming
- Chris Ebbott, Program Director of market-leading ’80s-focused Classic Hits KRTH-FM “K-Earth 101” in Los Angeles, is now a VP of Programming
- Reggie Rouse, Urban Format Captain and Brand Manager for WVEE-FM “V-103” in Atlanta, is also now a VP/Programming
- Chad Fitzsimmons, who came to Entercom via the tax-free merger with CBS Radio, rises from VP of Music Initiatives and Partnerships to SVP of Promotions & Experiences
- John Kennedy ascends from VP/Technical Operations to SVP/Engineering
- Senior Counsel Rose Isard and Johnny Palumbo each add VP stripes in the in-house legal department
- Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Public Relations Jennifer Morales is now VP of Corporate Communications & PR
- Nancy Muir-Gaire, Corporate Director of Facilities Management, is now a VP
- Director of Benefits and HR Compliance Stephanie Taylor is now VP of Benefits, Compliance and Talent Acquisition
In this new role, Smee will spearhead Entercom’s work “to enhance and expand our news brands, building on their unparalleled position in our communities and adding new products and capabilities across our broadcast, digital, podcast, and smart speaker platforms,”
Entercom’s all News brands, inherited from the CBS Radio, include such heritage AM stations as WCBS-AM and WINS-AM in New York, KNX in Los Angeles, and WWJ in Detroit, in addition to WBBM-AM & WCFS-FM in Chicago.