According to CRM, the transaction closed Monday morning for the price of $84,975,200. The sale, first announced last October, brings an end to NextMedia's nearly 15 years as a radio station owner/operator.
Digity now owns and operates the following suburban Chicago radio stations:
- WERV-FM/95.9 The River - Classic Rock
- WRXQ-FM/Q Rock 100.7 - Rock/Classic Rock
- WCCQ-FM/98.3 WCCQ - Country
- WSSR-FM/Star 96.7 - Hot AC
- WJOL-AM/1340 WJOL - News/Talk
- WKRS-AM/ESPN Deportes 1220 - Sports
- WXLC-FM/102.3 WXLC - Hot AC
- WIIL-FM/95 WIIL Rock* - Rock
- WLIP-AM/AM 1050* - News/Talk
Two Chicago-area executives are gone:
- Patrick Pendergast, who was the General Manager of four radio stations: WJOL-AM, WCCQ-FM, WRXQ-FM, and WSSR-FM. Pendergast had been with NextMedia since July 2010.
- WERV-FM General Manager Scott Kosak. He had been with the company since August 2011.
Read More Now