Pre-season, regular-season and extensive pre- and post-game shows will continue to be featured on the stations. WBBM has been the radio home of the Bears since 2000 and is responsible for all advertising sales during the broadcasts.
“We are happy to continue our outstanding partnership with WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM and excited to create new opportunities with the other stations in the CBS RADIO Chicago family,” Bears President and CEO Ted Phillips said. “We want to continue to add unique content offerings for our diverse fan base, and CBS RADIO Chicago provides an excellent fit to help us achieve this goal.”
“WBBM Newsradio has been the ‘Voice of the Bears’ for the last 13 seasons and we look forward with great excitement to the years ahead,” said Rod Zimmerman, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS RADIO Chicago. “The Chicago Bears have long had one of the largest fan bases anywhere in sports, and this partnership offers not only the fans many benefits, but our advertisers who support the broadcasts as well.”
WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM Sports Director Jeff Joniak remains the play-by-play voice for games, along with former 1985 Bears Super Bowl guard Tom Thayer handling color commentary. 670 The Score’s Zach Zaidman provides reports from the sideline. The broadcasts are produced by CBS RADIO Chicago.
Elements of the broadcast agreement include:
• All CBS RADIO Chicago stations will feature a segment with a representative from the Bears every Monday morning during football season;
• 670 The Score’s team coverage will extend coverage throughout the day under the banner “Bears Mondays;”
• “Bears Noon Hour Update,” which began this season, will continue to run weekdays on 670 The Score throughout the season;
• Beginning in 2013, a 3-4 minute Bears vignette will be broadcast Saturday evenings on 670 The Score and replayed on WBBM Newsradio 780 & 105.9FM through Sunday morning;
• Bears All-Access, a one-hour program on 670 The Score, will become a year-round weekly program.