Parler, the self-proclaimed free-speech platform taken offline after the riot at the U.S. Capitol last month, says it has relaunched, reports USAToday.
Mark Meckler is serving as interim CEO of Parler after its previous top executive was fired by the social media platform, which has been favored by conservatives.
Parler had been pulled from app stores run by Apple and Google and dropped by Amazon's web hosting services after the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Parler was one of the platforms used by supporters of former President Donald Trump to plan and chronicle what happened.
“Parler is being run by an experienced team and is here to stay," said Meckler in a statement. "We will thrive as the premier social media platform dedicated to free speech, privacy and civil dialogue.”
John Matze, who said he was fired as CEO of Parler, one of the social media platforms used to plan the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by supporters of then-President Donald Trump, said his former company is trying to censor him.
In a press release Monday, Parler said it has 20 million users. The relaunch will bring the service back online for current users, while new users can start signing up next week. The company did not say which web service is hosting Parler, other than it is "built on robust, sustainable, independent technology."
The platform also said its executive committee will conduct a "thorough search" for a permanent CEO.
Earlier this month, former CEO John Matze revealed he had been fired by the company's board of directors. In an interview with USA TODAY, Matze said Parler was trying to muzzle him.