During his tenure at CBS Mason initiated an aggressive growth strategy including the launch of new formats at dozens of stations across the country and creating CBS Sports Radio, a 24 hour, seven-day-a-week lineup of national programming from CBS Radio and CBS Sports.
Mason also diversified the division's portfolio with station formats that cater to a variety of male and female demographics, as well as a myriad of age groups from teens to young adults, and boomers. Under Mason's leadership, CBS Radio took a number of steps to expand its digital presence, including building an online audio streaming platform, creating mobile applications that allow listeners to interact with CBS Radio stations on the go, and expanding its use of online video to complement the division's over-the-air programming
important legacy to our storied industry. While the growth Dan created for CBS Radio is well
documented and admired, it’s Dan’s reputation as a respected leader that people think of most.
Dan Mason is one of the most beloved members of the broadcast community and it’s an honor to
have him share his wisdom at Conclave 41.”
Mason will share his knowledge to attendees on:
- Effectively communicating radio’s strength to the advertising community.
- Recognizing intelligent risk-taking.
- Excelling at being multi-dimensional; excelling at more than one thing.
- Defensive tactics for keeping a heritage station on-top of ratings.
- Inspiring seasoned air staff to stay on top of their game as well as embracing social and podcasting.
Registration information for the Conclave Learning Conference is available at
http://www.theconclave.com. Also found on the Conclave website is hotel room reservation information.