Kristin Klingshirn, a longtime Atlanta radio personality and former co-host of “The Bert Show,” has been let go from Cumulus Media’s top 40 station Q99.7 just six months after launching an afternoon program there.
She announced the news on Instagram on Thursday, writing: “I was let go from Cumulus Media today. I’ll have more to say later. Right now, I’m gonna process and discuss plans with my husband. And then I’m gonna pick up my son from school. Because I can now.”
Klingshirn had been given the 2-7 p.m. afternoon slot in January, co-hosting “The Kristin Show” with Ethan Cole. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution could not confirm whether Cole remains employed by Cumulus. Neither Klingshirn nor Cole responded to requests for additional comment. Cumulus Atlanta market manager Justin Schaflander and chief content officer Brian Philips also did not reply to inquiries.
A Cumulus spokesperson described the move as part of a broader organizational realignment that includes “the difficult decision to eliminate certain roles” across the company’s broadcast, network, and digital units. The cuts come as Atlanta-based Cumulus Media, which owns Q99.7, continues restructuring after filing for bankruptcy protection earlier this year to reduce about $592 million in debt.
Klingshirn spent 14 years on the nationally syndicated “The Bert Show,” which aired on Q99.7 and in more than 20 markets, until creator Bert Weiss ended the program in the fall of 2025. She joined the show in 2011 after earlier stops in Lexington, Cincinnati, and Raleigh. In 2025 she received a Gracie Award for her work and advocacy on issues affecting women and mothers.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.