Wednesday, August 5, 2026

New 60-Minutes EP Tired of Leaks About The Show


Nick Bilton, executive producer of 60 Minutes, sent a 734-word staff memo over the weekend expressing frustration with relentless leaks and rumors about the show—only for the memo itself to be leaked to Status.

In the note, Bilton wrote that he is annoyed by “the unrelenting speculation regarding the show, along with the torrent of unauthorized information making its way into the press.” He said there has been “a rumor a day” since he took over and declared: “I no longer have the time or the patience for them, and I’d rather we spend that energy on the stories.”

The memo opened with a “genuine thank you” to staff returning from vacation and a welcome-back message to the rest: “For the rest of you, I hope you’re well rested and excited to get back to work.” It also included housekeeping items, noting that Bilton has replaced the dry-erase story board with a digital version.

Status' Oliver Darcy obtained the memo, which Bilton framed as a routine start to his tenure.