Monday, March 21, 2016

Indy Radio: Deon Levingston Returns As Radio One Cluster GM

Deon Levingston
Radio One Indianapolis has announced a couple new appointments.

Deon Levingston, who until recently was Emmis Communications' senior vice president and market manager in New York City, has been named general manager of Radio One, replacing longtime general manager Chuck Williams. This is Levingston's second time serving as general manager at Radio One Indianapolis.

Radio One stations in the Indy cluster includes:   Rhythmic Top40 WHHH 96.3 FM, Top40 WNOW 100.9 FM, Urban Gospel WTLC 1310 AM and Urban AC WTLC 106.7 FM

"I never really left Indy," Levingston told the Indianapolis Recorder. "I've been commuting back and forth for the last 12 years. It feels good to sleep in my own bed; I don't have to rush to the airport at 4 a.m., and I can catch my daughter dancing in her competitions or playing in her soccer games. It feels good to kiss my wife and have dinner at home in the middle of the week."

Radio One Indianapolis also announced Pastor Michael Jones as radio host of "Community Conversation," which now airs from 1-3 p.m. on AM-1310 The Light, the time slot formerly filled by the late Amos Brown Ill's popular radio show, "Afternoons with Amos."

Levingston is very familiar with Brown's work and admits the late leader can't entirely be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment