Saturday, December 21, 2019

Pat Sajak Talks About His Recent Emergency Surgery

After a life-threatening illness forced him into emergency surgery last month, "Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak is back in the studio.

"I'm feelin' great," Sajak told ABC's Good Morning America. "I've actually felt ridiculously good for several weeks. I've been back in the studio actually, doing shows. Even spinning the wheel and, you know, nothing has popped. So I think it's OK."

In the first exclusive interview since his health scare, the game show host opened up to "Good Morning America" about what happened and how he's been recovering.

In November, the game show host said he came home after his daily morning walk with his daughter, Maggie, when he experienced a "horrific pain" in his stomach.

"I didn't know what it [was] -- but within two and a half hours, I was in surgery," said Sajak. "It was that quick and intense."


That pain turned out to be a blocked intestine, and his blood pressure had fallen dramatically. Sajak explained that if doctors didn't operate right away, he could have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment