Thursday, September 27, 2012

WGST’s Rusty Humphries Looks To Future


Talker Rusty Humphries says he decided weeks ago not to renew his contract at Clear Channel’s WGST.  Rusty airs a live, local show during PM in Atlanta while continuing a nationally-syndicated show for the Talk Radio Network. The national shows clear on over 250 stations. He’s also one of the only radio hosts heard on both Sirius and XM satellite radio.

Wednesday’s surprise announcement that, starting 10/1,  Rush Limbaugh would be moving to Cox Media's WSB from WGST, where he’s been heard for years, is causing speculation on the next format for WGST (Comedy?). 

As for the 44-year-old Humphries, he’s posted a Facebook message to fans:
"I decided about a month ago not to extend my soon to be ending contract at WGST. It is always sad to see a news/talk facility such as WGST change to another format but I am grateful for the time I had there and was able to spend doing local radio in Atlanta. The people at Clear Channel are fine people and I enjoyed working with them. For me, the good news is that I will have a lot more time to devote to my nationally syndicated TRN program which is growing by leaps and bounds. Please LIKE my Facebook page to stay in-touch and for BIG announcements coming soon."

Read More Here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment