Friday, June 7, 2024

Pat Sajak Final Show: Vanna White Bids Farewell


Vanna White bid a tearful farewell in Thursday's episode to her "Wheel of Fortune" co-host Pat Sajak.

White, 67, taped an emotional message played in front of Sajak, 77, and the "Wheel of Fortune" audience, which airs Thursday, one night before Sajak's final broadcast as host after a 41-year partnership.

"I can't believe tomorrow is our last show together," White said, managing a smile in the video. "I don't know how to put into words what these last 41 years have meant to me. But I'm going to try. Eight thousand episodes went by like that."

White praised Sajak for helping her overcome the stage fright she endured when starting the show, her first TV job.

"You made me feel so comfortable, so confident," said White, who has gone onto global "Wheel of Fortune" stardom. "You made me who I am. You really did."


"As this chapter comes to an end, I know you'll still be close by," said White. "You're like a brother to me, and I consider you a true lifelong friend who I will always adore. I love you, Pat."

'Oh my," Sajak said watching the video from the "Wheel of Fortune" set next to White. The two embraced on the stage.

USA Toda reports White will continue as co-host and letter-turner on "Wheel of Fortune" in Season 42 with new host Ryan Seacrest. Sajak will give his own farewell speech in Friday's final episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment