Univision Monday announced changes to the executive leadership team that will accelerate its leadership position and drive Univision’s transformation for the future. The appointments, which are all effective immediately, include:
- Pierluigi Gazzolo, appointed to the newly created role of President of Univision Communications Inc. and Chief Transformation Officer to drive the next era of growth
- Luis Silberwasser, appointed to the newly created role of President of the Univision Television Networks Group to lead Univision’s national TV properties
- Donna Speciale, named President of Advertising Sales and Marketing, to drive innovative expansion of Univision’s offering for advertisers
- Friday Abernethy, promoted to Executive Vice President of Content Distribution and Partnerships
- Adam Shippee, promoted to the newly created role of Executive Vice President, Corporate Development, Strategy and Transformation
- Amy Tenbrink, promoted to EVP & Associate General Counsel, Revenue/Business Development with expanded responsibilities across the Digital business
Gazzolo will lead the immediate shift toward a more innovative, entrepreneurial and collaborative Univision business that will be necessary to meet the Company’s strategic long-term objectives. Supporting Gazzolo in these efforts will be Sameer Deen, Chief Digital Officer; Margaret Lazo, Chief Human Resources Officer; Rosemary Mercedes, Chief Communications Officer; and Adam Shippee, in a newly created role of Executive Vice President, Corporate Development, Strategy and Transformation, each of whom will report directly to him.