Thursday, January 14, 2021

Alina Mayo-Azze EXITS Univision's Noticias 23 TV

Alina Mayo Azze
Veteran news anchor Alina Mayo Azze, who for more than 35 years has been an iconic and beloved face on Univision Channel 23, will leave a void in Spanish-language television in Miami.

The Miami Herald reports the Cuban-American journalist, co-host of the 6 p.m. newscast on Noticias 23 since 1991, was laid off by the Univision Network, el Nuevo Herald sources confirmed.

The announcement was made officially during the broadcast of the show on Wednesday at 6 p.m.

El Nuevo Herald sources said several Univision Radio stars, including José Alfonso Almora, Father Alberto Cutié and Pepe Forte, a Radio Mambí legend, were also impacted by the layoffs.

“It was something unforeseen but, at the same time, as Willy Chirino’s song says, ‘It was coming,’” Mayo Azze told el Nuevo Herald. At 61 years old, “my time has come to say goodbye to this stage. For the first time in 40 years, I am unemployed. At the same time, I feel calm; I’ve done more than I ever thought. I have remained all this time because of the trust that the public placed in me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment