Saturday, January 9, 2021

Milwaukee Radio: 'The Big Unit' Walks Away From The Fan

Bill Michaels
After more than two decades on Milwaukee airwaves, longtime local sports radio personality Bill "The Big Unit" Michaels is out at WSSP 1250 AM / 105.7 FM The Fan in what the host calls "a brief break from the airwaves," reports on milwaukee.com

The announcement was made on the station in a written statement from Michaels read on air by Joe Zenzola, executive producer at The Fan, at the end of Friday's "The Bill Michaels Show," hosted during the weekday midday slot from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.

"There comes a time in your time when some stresses begin to drag you down," Michaels said in the statement. "In doing so, your effort and attention is pulled in numerous directions, leaving you with the inability to focus on your sole task. At this time, I'm going to take a brief break from the airwaves.

"I have nothing but respect and admiration for Entercom as a company, and I thank them for helping me build a dream. I can't thank my co-workers and friends enough for their support, energy, effort and professionalism. You are all the best.

"I love radio and its ability to touch so many people informatively as well as passionately. That drives me every day and will continue to run deep in my soul. I believe that if you trim back the dead branches, ultimately, the tree grows stronger. I hope to do just that."

No comments:

Post a Comment