Friday, April 24, 2015

NYC Radio: Teacher Wins WFAN Fantasy Phenom

West Essex High School (North Caldwell NJ)  Teacher Pat McGlynn was named WFAN Fantasy Phenom for 2015.

Next, McGlynn will host his own radio show for one year on Saturdays from 1:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. on WFAN or 101.9 FM/660 AM and will also receive a full scholarship to the Connecticut School of Broadcasting in Hackensack.

McGlynn has entered this contest for the past two years, but only made it to the semi-finals prior. This year, he made it to the finals and won after receiving the most votes out of 200-240 entrees. McGlynn has been a sports announcer for West Essex, but has not done any other broadcasting. He said he plans to take everything he learns from the broadcasting school and bring it back to West Essex.

"I am still in shock that I won," McGlynn said. "I have entered the contest three times and this is the first year I made it to the finals. Getting to meet the people who I listen to on the radio every day, for almost 25 years, was such a great experience. Actually, winning the contest and having my own show on WFAN-it's a dream come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment