Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Nashville Radio: Clay Travis OUT At WGFX

Clay Travis
Sports radio personality Clay Travis is out as co-host of the popular “3HL” radio show on WGFX 104.5 FM The Zone.

According to The Tennessean, Travis and his co-hosts for the sports program had been in contract negotiations for the past several months, and the contract was set to expire at the end of August.

Travis said the station extended a offer this week that was too low, given his perceived market value.

“I expected that they would make a competitive offer and I’d continue to work at 3HL. ... For six months, Cumulus did nothing after I made my overtures, this morning they finally made their offer — a $5,000 raise,” Travis wrote. “I thank Cumulus for one thing, they made my decision to leave incredibly easy. If the company had been remotely competitive with its offer, I was inclined to stay.”

Originally, Travis said his last day would be Thursday, but he later announced on social media that he will not be allowed to appear on the air this week.

Travis said he plans to stay in radio. He has a non-compete clause in his contract that prevents him from broadcasting in Nashville for 90 days. Travis told The Tennessean he would target 2015 for a new opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment