Monday, March 17, 2014

LA Radio: Shotgun Tom Kelly Calls Gary Bryan At K-EARTH

Shotgun Tom Kelly and his Heart Surgeon
Early last week, Longtime South California air personality Shotgun Tom Kelly underwent a quadruple heart by-pass operation.  The good news:  He's out of the hospital..recovering at home..and hopes to be back in the air chair at KRTH 101.1 FM on april 1.  No foolin'!

Friday Kelly was feeling good enough to even call morning host Gary Bryan with an update. Shotgun told Bryan despite having to undergo heart surgery, he wass in the same great spirits.

“I’m doing great!” said Shotgun. “I had the grand-daddy of them all – quadruple bypass – the same surgery that David Letterman had and Larry King.”

After having the surgery, Shotgun tells us that his doctor is putting him on a strict diet to avoid future complications.

“I’m going to have to change my diet to fish. Sugar is my enemy,” he said.

He detailed how the entire unexpected experience happened. After going in for a normal checkup, Shotgun’s one simple mention of unusual pressure in his chest has now prevented something more serious from happening to him in the future.

“I went down for my normal cardiology checkup. The EKG came back normal,” he said, explaining that he told his doctor about feeling pressure in his chest while walking to work. “He looked at my arteries and they were all clogged.”

LISTEN TO INTERVIEW: Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment