Friday, November 1, 2013

Atlanta Radio: All News WYAY 106.7 Shifting Focus


WYAY 106.7 FM 60dBU Coverage Area
Kim “The Kimmer” Peterson debuts his new 12noon to 3pm show on previously All-News WYAY 106.7 FM this coming  Monday . For the past seven years, since leaving WGST 640 AM. Peterson has been in retirement, splitting time between Massachusetts and Florida. He's played a lot of golf, took care of his horse, rode his motorcycles and bided his time, always hoping he'd find a way back onto the radio.

He had some interested parties over the years but no deals ever came to be  - until now.

"I’m overwhelmed with the response," the Kimmer, 63, said in an interview with Rodney Ho at 
accessatlanta.com. "My Facebook page has been exploding. I'm getting a lot of good feedback. I keep thinking, 'It's just me coming back to do a little radio show!' I can't believe people remember me!"

He said the biggest adjustment for him will be social media. When he was let go from WGST in late 2006, YouTube was still a toddler, Facebook a mostly college-oriented affair and Twitter a mere four months old.

"I'm not as up to date as I should be," he said. "But I'm learning quickly."

After All News debuted last year, the Kimmer contacted Jim Mahanay,Cumulus news/talk/sports corporate programmer, who told him they were interested but the time wasn't right. He'd check back with Mahanay every three months and finally, this past month, they were able to hammer a deal.

1 comment:

  1. There is a GOD! The Kimmer and Company are back!!! It is just like they never left. We are laughing ourselves silly once again. Is WGST still on the air? THANK!!!

    ReplyDelete