Thursday, February 13, 2020

CBS This Morning Host Gets Apology From Snoop Dogg


Snoop Dogg has officially apologized to CBS This Morning host Gayle King. USAToday reports.

"Two wrongs don't make no right. When you're wrong, you gotta fix it," the rapper said in an Instagram video Wednesday.

Snoop had been blasting King since she conducted an interview with WNBA player Lisa Leslie last week that touched on the legacy of the late Kobe Bryant. King broached a sensitive topic by invoking the basketball icon's 2003 rape charge.

In response, Snoop Dogg set off a firestorm on Instagram referencing his anger toward King.

Snoop clarified his comments more defensively over the weekend, insisting he "didn't threaten" King, saying that he was "very non-violent" and spoke "from the heart."

But on Wednesday the rapper offered a more heartfelt, nuanced apology. "Gayle King, I publicly tore you down by coming at you in a derogatory manner based off of emotions about me being angry about questions that you asked. (I) overreacted. Should have handled it way different than that. I was raised way better than that."

He added: "So I would like to apologize to you publicly for the language that I used and calling you out … and just being disrespectful. I didn't mean to be like that. I was just expressing myself for a friend who wasn't here to defend himself. … Hopefully we can sit down and talk privately."

No comments:

Post a Comment