Monday, March 27, 2017

NJ Radio: 107.1 The Boss Debuts Talent LineUp

Press Communications has announced its new lineup for Classic Rock WWZY 107.1 FM and WBHX 99.7 FM The Boss, launches today.

"The Morning Kickstart" airs starting at 5:30 with Rob Acampora and Wendy McClure.

Acampora, who previously worked through most of the '90s at WHTG-FM, is a born and bred Jersey boy, whose stops include WSTW in Delaware, B104 in the Lehigh Valley, and local entities B98.5 and (most recently) Thunder 106. He is joined by seasoned broadcaster McClure, who has an extensive radio resume that includes The Wall Street Journal Radio Network, WPST, B98.5 and Q102 in Philadelphia.

"I have waited a long time for this opportunity, and I am partnered with someone who has the same drive as I do," says Acampora. "I'm inviting everyone at the Jersey Shore to tune in from 5:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. weekdays. I promise you will not be disappointed."

"I am so excited to be back at the Jersey Shore," says McClure. "Rob and I want you to want us every morning!"

WWZY 107.1 FM (5 Kw) Red=Local Coverage Area
Taking on mid-day duties is Michele Amabile, formerly of WHTG-FM. Amabile's previous stops around the dial include morning duties at G106.3 and Digital 102.7 in Atlantic City, shifts at 94.1 WYSP, 95.9 The Rat, and (most recently) 94.3 The Point.

"I missed being on the air every day, and I am beyond thrilled to be back with my old friend, Rob Acampora, who shares the same passion and love of music that I do," Amabile says. "Rob and I go way back, and coming back to Press Communications feels like home to me. We are going to have a good time."

Rounding out the lineup in afternoon drive is Vice President of Programming, Jeff Rafter, celebrating his 40th year in New Jersey radio. Rafter's career also began at WHTG-AM/FM, continuing with a winning streak that included stints at WJLK, WOBM, WJRZ, Seaview 107.1, and (most recently) WMGQ.

WBHX 99.7 FM (2.2 Kw)
“We are live and local!  This is the next step in the evolution of the new 107.1 The BOSS. I am thrilled to be back on the radio where I grew up. I thank Press Communications for the opportunity to let us live out our passion and play this awesome music. More surprises to come!” - See more at: http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=3027196#sthash.R8l3PGaY.gfpig2Ev.dpuf

1 comment:

  1. welcome everyone to this station. I was on vacation and when i returned on sunday mar.5th. i had no clue that pork roll and eggs were gone. I tuned in on that monday thinking something was wrong with my radio. kept hearing 107.1 the boss, never knew what happened. just figured someone came in took over the station and heads roll. I hope Nina and Tom are doing well. carolyn hamolko


    ReplyDelete