Thursday, February 24, 2022

TV News Scrambles To Cover Hostilities

Daily Mail composite 2/24/22

All of America's main television channels broke away from prime time programs on Wednesday night. 

The networks went to air with Special Reports from their newsrooms. ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX all broke away from game shows, comedies and dramas. Instead, war correspondents were seen broadcasting from balconies in Kiev. 



CNN was among the first to report the invasion was underway. A CNN reporter in the Ukrainian capital Kiev reporting hearing blasts in the early hours of Thursday morning. 'I just heard a big bang right here behind me. I've never heard anything like it.' 

Matthew Chance, Senior International correspondent said he heard between seven and eight explosions. 

Chance quickly put on his flak jacket and headgear while he continued to report from a balcony in the Ukrainian capital. 

'There are big explosions taking place. I can't see them or explain what they are. but I will tell you the U.S has warned the Ukrainian authorities there could be air strikes and ground attacks as well around the country, including the capital. 'I don't know if that's what's occurring now but it's a remarkable coincidence that the explosions come just minutes after Putin gave his speech,' Chance explained. 'This is the first time we've heard anything. It has been absolutely silent. This is the first time. It has to be more than just a coincidence. 'I think tis' safe where I am. I have a flak jacket,' Chance remarked before ducking down to put on his protective gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment