Thursday, January 16, 2020

Russell Simmons' Accusers Detail Alleged Violent Assaults

Russell Simmons' accusers are speaking out ahead of the release of a documentary centered on sexual misconduct allegations against the music executive.

USAToday reports three women – Drew Dixon, Sil Lai Abrams and Alexia Norton Jones – sat down with CBS News' Michelle Miller Wednesday to detail Simmons' alleged actions.

Dixon says Simmons "violently tackled and raped" her in 1995 while she was working her dream job as an executive at Def Jam Recordings, which Simmons co-founded.


"He was ordering me a car, and he told me to come upstairs and pick up a demo," Dixon said while sitting at a table with the other accusers and Miller. "I thought I would be in his apartment for five total minutes. That's it. And he showed up naked, wearing a condom, and tackled me to his bed, while I screamed and fought and said, 'No,' and cried. That's rape."

Abrams claims she briefly dated and "hung out" with Simmons before he raped her in 1994. She denies that the sexual contact was consensual.

No comments:

Post a Comment