Monday, November 4, 2019

Country Artist Chely Wright Discloses Stroke

Chely Wright
Chely Wright has revealed she suffered a stroke last year.

According to USAToday, the country singer, 49, took to Twitter Friday to share the story about her health struggle.

"Some personal news I’m sharing for the first time," she tweeted along with an image of a longer statement.

"Exactly one year ago today, I went to the ER... because I was on Day 3 of a migraine, which isn't uncommon for me," she began. "Because I had shows booked for the coming weekend, I wanted to get this headache out of the way."

Her doctor, she writes, was "troubled" by some of her symptoms.

"After a series of diagnostic tests, I was informed that I'd had a stroke."

She had just turned 48.

"I sort of knew it. What I had been experiencing with that headache and leading up to that headache was different. I'd even said aloud to myself in the bathroom mirror, 'Did you have a stroke?' " she recalled.

Though she says it's been "a long year," she says he is "okay."

She added she is sharing her story so her followers can refresh their understanding of strokes and the symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment