Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Chicago Radio: CCM+E Moves Michaels, Adds Moon Dawg

Chris Michaels
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment/Chicago is putting new talent in place for evening programming on two stations in its local radio stable — urban adult contemporary-formatted WVAZ-FM (103) and urban-formatted WGCI-FM (107.5).

The changes are effective immediately, according to bizjournals.com.

Host Chris Michaels is moving from to WVAZ 102.7 FM from WGCI 107.5 FM to host a program called "Quiet Storm" that will air Sunday through Thursday from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Michaels previously was host of "Whispers In the Dar" on WGCI.

CRM notes that via voice-tracking, Michaels is also heard in numerous other cities, including a shift on Houston's KQBT-FM and Augusta's WPRW-FM. Between his voice-tracked evening and overnight shows, plus his syndicated weekend shows, Chris Michaels has been (and continues to be) heard in over 30 U.S. markets.

Noted Derrick Brown, Clear Channel Director of Urban Programming in Chicago: "Chris is one of the best entertainers I've had the pleasure of working with. I have no doubt he will continue to captivate listeners with his unique brand of conversation and the best slow jams in Chicago."

"My on-air relationship has been one of the most fulfilling aspects of my life," said Chris Michaels in today's announcement. "I am humbled that Chicago has accepted me and after 13 years, I am still very much in love with this job. I'm moving, but I know it's going to be a lot of fun."

Meanwhile, DJ Moon Dawg joins WGCI to host an evening program from 7 p.m. to midnight Monday through Friday.

The new host previously worked for the station part-time as a weekend on-air personality and DJ.

Noted WGCI Program Director Kenard Karter: "I believe he'll (Moon Dawg) rewrite the way talent integrates listeners into our radio brand his strong grasp of social media, energy and passion for the format."

No comments:

Post a Comment