Friday, August 6, 2021

NYC Radio: WQHT Promotes TT Torrez To VP/Artist Relations

MediaCo’s WQHT Hot 97 has announced TT Torrez as Vice President of Artist and Label Relations. Torrez is the first woman of color to hold the position. 

Torrez will oversee MedicaCo’s Artist event marketing, special events and promotions, and artist audio and digital content strategy and campaigns in her new post. Torrez joined HOT 97 in October 2014, was most recently HOT 97’s Music Director and Multi-Media Personality, and will continue her current duties in addition to her new role.

“I’m so excited about this role and the significance of being the first woman of color to hold this position at Hot 97. To look at where I started, earning my business degree during the pandemic and working hard to earn this promotion, I’m fulfilling my dream of representing women of color in the workplace. So often, Black and Brown women are underrepresented in leadership roles, and I’m proud to have a seat at the table. My most important role is to elevate and open doors for the women coming up. As Harriet Tubman said, “Every great dream begins with a dreamer.” Thank you, MediaCo, for allowing me to represent culture and community; where I can be my most authentic self.”

MediaCo Senior Vice President of Programming, Pio Ferro, said, “TT is one of the most respected execs and talents in our industry with incredible relationships with artists and labels. From day one, TT has been a passionate advocate for Hot 97, our culture, our artists, and her relentless devotion to the Hip Hop community. TT has played a pivotal role in taking our prominence in Hip Hop to new heights, and I’m thrilled to announce this richly deserved promotion.”

HOT 97 and WBLS are owned and operated by MediaCo Holding Inc., New York. MediaCo Holding Inc. is a media company. It operates two radio stations, (WQHT-FM) HOT 97 and WBLS-FM, which serve the New York City metropolitan area.

No comments:

Post a Comment