Friday, August 6, 2021

Jerry Remy Stepping Away From Red Sox Broadcasts

Jerry Remy
Longtime Boston Red Sox color commentator Jerry Remy is once again stepping away from the broadcasts to undergo treatment for cancer, reports WCVB TV.

In a statement issued by NESN, Remy said he will once again be treated for lung cancer.

"I will battle this with everything I have," he said.

Remy has made that promise before and successfully returned to work after previous rounds of treatment. In 2018, for example, he returned to the broadcast booth just one day after finishing his final radiation treatment.

"I hope that I'll be rejoining you in your living rooms soon," Remy said in Wednesday's statement. "Lastly, I'd like to thank my medical team for all they've done for me throughout the treatment process.

Manager Alex Cora dedicated the team's win on Wednesday night to Remy.

“We’re going to be there for him,” Cora said. “He has always been there for us. Not only for the players, for (the media), the whole fan base and the organization. This time, we’re going to stay together and we’re going to be fighting with him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment