Tuesday, November 19, 2019

L-A Radio: Lisa May to EXIT KLOS

Lisa May
Longtime SoCal radio personality Lisa May is leaving KLOS 95.5 FM and the “Frosty, Heidi & Frank” morning show.

May made the announcement Monday morning following “FHF’s” 7:45 a.m. local time news break.

In a follow-up email, May told TheWrap that she and her family are “moving to Palm Springs at the end of the year,” accelerating a plan she had in place since buying a home there in 2015 — the same year she was fired from KROQ’s “Kevin & Bean” show and replaced by Allie Mac Kay.

“Two years ago, when I was looking in the Coachella Valley for a high intensity, super-slow strength training studio similar to Strength Code in Toluca Lake and found nothing, I decided rather than stop the workout, I’d have to open up a studio,” she wrote. “I moved forward and got my personal training certification and my high intensity training certification… and eventually started training some clients on the weekends.”

“I love it, and I think the Coachella Valley is filled with active older adults who could benefit from this type of training,” May said. But I have to say, this has been a tough decision. Walking away from the ‘FHF Show’ was not an easy decision. I love this job and all my co-workers and I’ve been extremely happy here.”

May said KLOS-FM program director Keith Cunningham “has been extremely supportive.”

“I gave notice about five weeks ago and I wasn’t sure how it would be handled, but he and the station have been awesome, allowing me to leave with a bit of a fanfare,” she told us.

No comments:

Post a Comment