Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Boston Radio: PD Ron Valeri EXITS WAAF


Entercom's Heritage rock WAAF 107.3 FM will soon be announcing a new program director as Ron Valeri exits radio.  His intentions to leave was originally made known this past May.



Valeri's last day was Tuesday and he took time to message staff:

"Today is my last day here at Entercom. These most recent 13 years have flown by – I credit many of you for that, being that ‘time flies when you’re having fun!’ I’ll miss the daily interactions with several of you, as well as the strong sense of tribalism and pride that comes with sticking with a company and its team for any extended period of time.

"Thank You for your camaraderie all these years. I’m particularly grateful for the contributions made by so many on the WAAF staff. It’s been a privilege and my good fortune to have these smart and highly dedicated people working tirelessly on the brand. Don't ever discount the role that luck plays in your life. I’m truly lucky to have been surrounded by and supported by such a talented team. Also, very special thanks to our Boston Big Guy, Mark Hannon. I’ve enjoyed working for Mark immensely. You’re all in good hands with him moving forward.

“As for me, I’m off to test the lifestyle of semi- early retirement. There are some important people and causes in my life that I want to devote more time to. Additionally, having been self-employed on couple of occasions in the past, the ‘Rontrepreneur’ in me is again yearning to build a small business. I’ll be diving head first into a new venture starting tomorrow! None of this ‘life design’ would be possible for me at this juncture had it not been for the opportunities afforded me by Pat Paxton, David Field, and Weezie Kramer. I can’t thank them enough for their many years of mentorship and support.”


No comments:

Post a Comment