Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cleveland Radio: John Lanigan "Spews" On WTAM

John Lanigan
John Lanigan, 45-year Cleveland radio veteran and recent Broadcast Hall of Fame inductee is back on the air and he's having a ball with his old radio nemesis Mike Trivisonno, according to cleveland.com.

Monday through Friday on WTAM 1100 AM at 9am weekdays the two radio personalities banter on a wide range of current events on a show they call "The Spew."

"It's supposed to be like a male version of "The View," Lanigan said last week on the phone from his home in Clearwater Beach, Florida. In March of 2014, Lanigan signed off of WMJI 105.7 FM apparently ending a legendary radio career. Except...

"Last summer I was home in Cleveland and the guy who had the job before me had left for some reason. (WTAM host Bob Frantz was let go by the station.) They called me and asked if I wanted to fill in. When Trivisonno and I had been at different stations he was always taking shots and making digs at me. So that made for some controversy."

The combustible chemistry worked for listeners and the station asked Lanigan to become the regular guy.


"I enjoyed it and it gives me a reason to get up in the morning and read the paper. The night before each show, producer Ray Davis sends me a list of 10 topics that we try to get through the following morning. Some are big topics, some aren't. This morning we talked about the fact that an ABC cameraman at the Thursday night game had captured LeBron somewhat exposed. I hadn't seen it. Trivisonno said he had it on his website but that he hadn't looked at it either."

Triv and Lanigan use the hour to play off their differences. Lanigan said it's more than just a conservative sensibility versus a liberal one.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment