Wednesday, June 17, 2015

R.I.P. Detroit Radio Pillow Talk Host Alan Almond

Alan Almond
Longtime Detroit personality Alan Almond has died of an apparent heart attack.

He was 68-years-of age, according to MLive.com.

.For years he hosted "Pillow Talk" on WNIC 100.3 FM.

Almond was found dead in his home Tuesday. They say it appears he died of natural causes.

Almond was a popular host of the program “Pillow Talk” on WNIC for more than 25 years. Alan’s show featured love songs, but it was his incredibly unique voice and delivery that set him apart from all others. The show was heard in several markets, syndicated across the country. One of the most popular radio programs on WNIC during his tenure, “Pillow Talk” was unlike any other radio program before, during and since Alan’s time on the air.




WNIC on air talent and Assistant Program Director, Theresa Lucas, shared “Alan was passionate and a perfectionist about everything he did in life and on the radio. Even though he was a man who never wanted to be in the spotlight, he unquestionably touched the lives of thousands of people. Alan was one of my radio mentors but most of all a dear and loyal friend I spoke with nearly every day for the past 15 years. He was a mentor for me in my life outside of the industry too. When I was troubled, he would lift me up and point out all the blessings around me. He was there for me always – much like the way he was for our WNIC listeners every night, even though he may have never met them face-to-face. Quite simply, he cared and I’ll miss him very deeply.”

4 comments:

  1. I will miss this man. He made my teenage and early 20's most memorable and passionate, talking on the phone with my girlfriend while listening to Alan Almond. I don;t know if this is really him or not, tell you the truth, I do not want to know. The mystic behind Alan was not knowing who "the voice: was. I kind of like it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend has always loved to listen to Alan Almond at night. He was one of a million radio station listener's, and had an opportunity to talk to him on the radio. He will be forever missed. My boyfriend is going to mini broadcast on AM Radio, and going to do a tribute when he goes on the air. We will all miss you Alan Almond, and love you. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo is not Alan. Very few people know what he looked like and his identity has always been secret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correct photo of Mr. Almond now posted. We regret the error.

    ReplyDelete