Bruno Mars’ “I Just Might” was the most-played song in American cars this summer, according to Xperi’s Summer 2026 U.S. In-Vehicle Listening Report, beating Ella Langley’s country smash “Choosin’ Texas” and Taylor Swift’s late-rising “Toy Story 5” track “I Knew It, I Knew You.”
Xperi ranked songs by in-car listening sessions in the states where each title was No. 1 across June, July and August, using anonymized data from vehicles on its DTS AutoStage platform.
“I Just Might,” Mars’ retro pop-funk dance cut, led with 7.3 million sessions. Langley’s heartbreak ballad followed with 5.5 million. Swift’s original song for Toy Story 5, released this summer, finished third with 3.5 million after a late surge.
As an artist, Mars topped 20 states for the season, Langley 11, and Chris Brown 10 plus the District of Columbia. Texas did not always choose “Choosin’ Texas.” The song was the state’s top title in June, then lost July to “Folded” even as Langley led in 13 other states that month — more than any other track.
By August, Texas had returned to Langley, with more listens than in June. The single also broke Billboard records during its long Hot 100 run. Mars held Hawaii as its top artist all summer, but no Mars song led there until August. “I Just Might” topped 17 states in June without winning his home state; “Risk It All” finally gave him Hawaii on the song chart in August.
Swift’s in-car climb was the season’s late story. “I Knew It, I Knew You” went from eight states in July to 19 in August, enough to land in the summer’s top three by session volume even though it arrived after the season had started.


