Saturday, August 1, 2026

Stern Staffers Fight For More Severance


Many of Howard Stern’s former employees are fighting for larger severance packages after being laid off from his SiriusXM show earlier this month.

Stern cut about a dozen staffers as he prepares to reduce his output to just one new show per week after Labor Day. The laid-off workers rejected an initial offer of roughly one week of pay for each year worked and are instead pressing for more money, according to a report from the U.S. Sun

Some declined to sign nondisclosure agreements attached to the packages and continue to negotiate their exits, a source told the outlet. Others are now “feeling OK” about their final deals after talks with HR executives, another insider said.

Page Six reached out to a representative for Stern but did not immediately receive a response.

The 72-year-old host signed a new three-year contract with SiriusXM in December 2025 that he said would give him greater “flexibility.” He retained a core team of veteran producers amid the cuts, explaining that he “just doesn’t need that much content anymore.”

On air, Stern told listeners he was pleased with the arrangement: “I am happy to announce that I have figured out a way to have it all. More free time and continuing to be on the radio. I do like my days off. You know me, I’m never bored. I’m busy every minute.”