Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hartford Radio: WDRC-FM Adds Chaz & AJ


Connooisseur Media has announced it is adding the Chaz And AJ morning show to its newly-acquired WDRC 102.9 FM in Hartford.

The show is based in New Haven on WPLR FM and also airs on Calssic Rock WFOX 95.9 FM in Norwalk, CT.

OM Keith Daking stated, “Chaz and AJ have been the most successful morning show hosts in New Haven for 12 years.  They took Stamford/Norwalk by storm a few years back, and now it’s time to bring Connecticut's best show to its biggest market.”


Chaz said, “We’ve been entrenched in the Hartford community for years, so it’s fitting and off the charts exciting to be on the legendary DRC.  DRC is one of the stations I grew up listening to, so I’m out of my mind fired up that our show will be heard on the best station in Hartford.  We are humbled and drunk with power.”

WDRC 102.9 FM (19.5Kw) 54dBu Coverage
Market Manager Kristin Okesson, “Adding this show to DRC enables us to deliver arguably the best morning team in Connecticut to the Hartford market.  We are committed to serving Hartford with local content, which is what Chaz and AJ do so well.  These guys really deliver on funny, smart, serious, topical and local.  From Stamford to Hartford, this show will focus on information relevant to Connecticut, while remaining entertaining and topical.”

7 comments:

  1. I am very disappointed to learn that Chaz and AJ have taken over WDRC in the morning. It is bad enough that we no longer have a radio station that plays the oldies, but I moved away from WPLR because of these 2 slime balls. Chaz is such a dirty old man and he leads AJ around by the nose to pander to his way of thinking, which is in the gutter. I don't know how to escape these 2 idiots and now we don't even had a good radio station to listen to anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sgree. It's a shame that with all the talent in the Hartford region that is now off the air they would stoop to pipe in an out of town morning show that isn't even entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im 57 years young and have been a PLR listener since the days of "Stone Man".Its sad that when an artist like Tom Petty,Pearl Jam, Van Halen, etc put out new music this station doesn't play their new material so that we might actually go out and buy their music.I listen to radio station 104.1 and found bands like Cage the Elephant ,Young the Giant ,new Coldplay and it makes me go out and buy their CD's.This station plays new music which is what I like and you see these artists getting bigger every CD they put out. Im not into the dumb comedic crap DJs try to put out..I like to listen and hear new music from new and established bands..I put on my radio station first to hear music.. and also current news and the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these new owners retards, or what? It's not like 'PLR did not reach into the Hartford market. If I wanted to listen to 'PLR, I would listen to 'PLR. I don't need to hear it on 'DRC. And 'PLR is a shell of what it used to be. Now 2 stations I won't listen to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now listening to The River 105.9. Good music and none of the juvenile nonsense that Chaz and AJ waste time with. They are so loud that I have to turn the radio down so low I can't hear it anyway. Good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring back the Buckley radio crew, The real ''BIG D'' personalities not these annoying jerks. 102.9 was the best station in the state, now it sounds just like PLR with a few minor differences. Bring back Jerry Kristafer & rockin Ron Sedaile these were respected radio hosts who made listening exciting with their own style. I subscribed to satellite radio so I can hear my oldies & soul. Connooisseur Media I hope you fail terribly !

    ReplyDelete