Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rush Limbaugh Clarifies Robin Williams Comments


In a lengthy segment on his Wednesday show, Limbaugh clarified his controversial remarks on Williams’s death, according to The Washington Post.

“What the left, and particularly the leftist media, is attempting to do in twisting my comments about the Robin Williams suicide yesterday cannot go unnoticed,” he said, before accusing the media who quoted his remarks on Williams of taking his words out of context and “glorifying” his passing.

Here’s a snippet of his response to write-ups (presumably, like the one below) of what he said on the show yesterday:
“What I did was analyze the coverage, which is what I do every day on this program, is analyze who the left is.  I didn’t presume to know why Robin Williams committed suicide.  I didn’t know yesterday, and I don’t know today.  But they do.  They claim to know.  All these people giving me the business claim they know why.  And it was that that I was analyzing.” 
Limbaugh then played an archived clip of his remarks on Williams. “Now, all of that — all of that – is repeating what media said.” He went on: “none of it was characterizing what Robin Williams did or said because I don’t know, and neither do they.  They were the ones offering the excuses, the reasons.  They were the ones wringing their hands and lamenting how sad and unfortunate it was.”

The full transcript: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment